Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, January 20, 2006

Interview with a Friend~ Shawnette of Imseeingraggedies



Shawnette is one of the first gals I ever met when I first joined Primmart's online community. She created the most unique and adorable raggedies I'd ever laid eyes on.

I adore her stuff and knew that I wanted to read her answers to m questions.

Here they are!


1. When did you first start creating and then selling your creations?
I have been crafting forever. I got it from my momma! lol I didn't start selling my finished creations until March of 2003.
2. Many romanticize the idea of running a craft business from home. What are two things you know now about having a home-based craft business, that you wish you knew when you started your own business?
To keep all transactions seperate for tax time. And have everything ready come Jan.!
3.What advice can you give potential craft business owners about marketing their product?
Join communities, but be sincere. Don't just go there to advertise. Join topsites. Send out emails when updating products. Make sure you send bcc (blind carbon copies) to protect your list of subscribed clients.
4. What is your typical crafting day like?
Check emails, grab cup of coffee. Start sewing. Check Primmart! Finish sewing. Then start the staining process. Clean house while I am in there! Then take everything back out to my crafting room to start the stuffing!
5.What sparks your creativity?
I get inspiration from anything from fabric to vintage toys, to Cheryls' graphics!
Who inspires you?
Ummm Cheryl and my wonderful friends at Primmart! They are sooo talented!
6. What do you LOVE to work on?
I love making raggedies!
What do you HATE?
I think it drives me nuts all the legs and arms! Having to sew all them!

...................................................

Thanks Nutt! XOXOXO

Please everyone go check out her dolls and goodies. She has the most adorable paper towel holders right now! Every prim kitchen needs one!

Her website http://www.ezshoppes.com/shoppe/info.asp?sid=Imseeingraggedies

On Ebay imseeingraggedies

No comments: