Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Wee Fairy Folk

"Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,For I would ride with you upon the wind,Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,And dance upon the mountains like a flame."
~William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894


I have always loved the poetry of Yeats and this is a quote that always makes me smile. Maybe its the summer breeze that whips around me and whispers in my ear as it goes by...... but you can tell the Faye Folk are close.
Have you ever spread a quilt under the shade of an old oak tree and watched the clouds float above? Your arms folded under your head. The shadow of the leaves flitting across your face.
Catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye?
Maybe.....just maybe......it wasn't a bird flying up high. Maybe a wee faye folk took a quick peek at you!

No comments: