Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Kelly Rae Roberts

Sometimes you stumble across something and it alters your life.
That really is how I feel about Kelly Rae Roberts.

Blog hopping one afternoon and not really looking for anything in particular. Typing words into search engines and seeing what comes up. I came across a painting and it just jumped right out at me off the screen. I just stared at it and knew I had to learn all about who created it.

I found her website and looked at every piece of art she has created. Clicking links on her web site, I saw she had a blog. I spend the next little while reading each of her posts.
I was inhaling everything I could from her. Something about her words and painting was striking a cord within me. It awakened something in me that I wasn't even aware had been sleeping.

The day I walked into a local shop and found her prints...oh you should have seen me freaking out with excitement. I raced to the checkout with 2 different ones and knew right away they'd be hanging in my art space.

One of the books I treated myself to over the holidays Taking Flight :Inspirations and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings has opened my eyes to a new way of creating art. I bought paints, inks, canvas and a multitude of other supplies to play with.

Do you read her blog?
Have you bought any of her artwork because something about it just spoke to you?
Does her book sit on your bookcase in your art room?
This won't be the only post about this incredible artist and woman that you will be reading her.
I can't get enough of her.

Tracy(Cedar)Dunn of Thru the Attic Door and Thru the Attic Door 2

No comments: