Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Filling the Pantry Shelves

Nothing makes me smile like watching the shelves in my new pantry begin to fill up with homemade canned goodies. We have managed to make.......ok....well first let me confess that I actually have done none of the canning. Andy has canned everything and I have pretty much just eaten it. Which actually makes me smile even bigger at our pantry.  haha
We have raspberry jelly; blueberry jam and apple jelly. Spiced Bourbon blueberries was a recipe we knew we had to try and it was amazing with the pork roast it suggested you eat them with. I will share the recipe tomorrow. He also did peaches when they came in season....two versions actually. A regular one and a spiced one with cinnamon and cloves. He did a few jars of pickled beets, chow chow and something else but I can't seem to recall it.

2 comments:

forever growing said...

I love seeing stuff in my kitchen like that.

Tracy of From Inside My Studio said...

Thank you.....we really had a blast this season making them and already have been talking about what to grow and can next summer/autumn. Mmmmmmmmm