Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, April 04, 2015

The beginnings of a Dream


Many of us have dreams that we don't share.
Quietly keeping them to ourselves.
Watching them come to be
or
watching them
 sometimes painfully
 fade away...
out of our grasp.

I've had a dream for a while.
Versions of it have already come to fruition.
Opening a magazine and seeing your words.
Your creativity printed before you.
It's an incredible feeling.
That version of my dream was
promoting my dolls and my business.

This new rendering of my dream
 involves sharing photos I've taken
 around the Farmhouse.
Being brave enough to share
 the most quiet thoughts 
I've only written for my eyes.
Able to reach back thru time 
by reading them again.
Reflections of myself
 only shared with 
blank pages of journals.

I wanted to make sure to find a magazine that
seemed to fit with the idea in my head
 of the finished concept.
Have been thrilled with the magazine I have already
been part of that Stampington &Company publishes.
Thought I'd lean towards another of
their amazing publications for this dream
to come to be.

A number of friends kept sending me messages
 and emails about the magazine "Bella Grace"
 that Stampington & Company publish.
Began thinking it might be the one
to look deeper into.



In the sharing of this dream and
the desire for this magazine,it was mentioned that
 it was difficult to find in my neck of the woods.
{It's a tad pricey and I don't have the extra funds
 to splurge at the moment.}
I was second guessing myself
and even the dream.
I thought further down the road
I'd spring for a copy and
be able to hold it in my hands.
See if this truly was the fit that
I was hoping it would be.


Beyond blessed to have people
in my life that wish to see
my dream come to life.
LOOK!
My amazing friend Sandra in Texas contacted me
and said she wasn't taking no for an answer.
She wanted my mailing address so that
she could send me a copy of the magazine.
She believed in this dream of mine.



Bella Grace blew me away!
What an amazing magazine and I may have been thinking
that it was too high priced but
it's so much more then the price.
This isn't a magazine that you casually read
 once {maybe twice}and then toss away.
I am guilty already of reading this issue 4 times!

You notice a photo or a quote that you didn't quite take
in fully the last time you read the magazine.
I can see this issue being read so many times I lose count.
The photography is sheer eye candy alone.
Inspiration and fuel for a creative soul.


On their website {and inside the magazine},
it's stated that Bella Grace is a special publication 
devoted to discovering magic in the ordinary. Our aim is to
 touch the souls of our readers
 through beautifully penned stories and 
striking photographs that capture 
life's beautiful journey.




Embrace imperfection.
 Celebrate your messy life.
 Shine a spotlight on small, 
everyday moments 
– they are special, 
and they are yours.


YES!
YES!
YES!

This is the magazine that holds
my dream and will bring it full circle
into being.

I am going to:
- read this cover to cover
{again}
- write
- edit and fine tune
- practice with my camera
-look thru the lens of my camera until
my heart shows clearly.

Then be brave enough to submit
something to this incredible magazine.

The next photo of me holding Bella Grace
will be where I'm inside of that issue.
Where a dream has come true.


*****

Trust yourself to dream.
Trust that desire enough to share it.
Share it with those that will fan the flame.
That will encourage you and whisper
their strong belief in you.

With that powerful energy surrounding you,
watch your dream explode into reality
 and place you exactly
 where you imagined you could be.


Tracy(Cedara)Dunn
Thru the Attic Door
{A Collection of Primitives, 
Mixed Media Paintings and more}
*LIKE* my Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/thrutheatticdoor



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you feel a connection with the magazine. It's a beautiful publication, and as you said, it's so much more than a magazine. I can't wait to see your work in Bella Grace!