Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fou Kitty~ RIP July 2008


The last few days have been so very hard on my heart. We learned yesterday that Fou had become sick and Eric's parents had him put to sleep. (When Eric moved to the city to work, his folks kept looking after Fou for him) Fou began not acting like himself and then started vomiting blood. They took him to the vet and had him put to sleep. That happened last Tuesday and they told us yesterday. Eric and I were greatly upset and I was finding no closure to my grief. They had opted to not bring him home to be buried and had left him at the vets office. I cried myself to sleep last night.
Eric called me this morning to tell me he had spent almost 3 hours calling vets offices and had found Fou's body. It had been moved to a larger Animal clinic in Yarmouth. Animals are stored there until pick up from Mt.Uniacke where there is a Pet Cemetary for unclaimed animals. If I could get to Yarmouth, I could claim Fou.
My father drove me there right away. I was able to see him and show proof he was mine.
We brought him home and buried him in the yard. I can look out my bedroom window onto the bush that he now rests under. He was buried with a blanket and a can of tuna....that was his favorite treat.
I am going to miss Fou Kitty so very much!
He was never a cat to me....he was Momma's big boy~ xoxoxoxox
Thank you so very much to my friends for all their words of support.
Thank you to my family for everything they have done during this time of pain.
Thank you Eric.... for once again healing my very broken heart and soul.
xox

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie, I know your heart is so heavy right now. Its so sad when we lose a pet.. In some cases they are more like a family member like Fou was to you.
I hope you finds lots and lots of comfort now that you were able to bring Fou home and rest near you..

LOve ya LOts!!! Robin

Joanne said...

Fou Kitty was lucky to have you for his "Mom". I'm so glad you were able to bring him home to rest.

hugs...
Joanne

anniescupboards said...

XOXOXOXOXOOXOX baby girl I am so happy he is home with you. What a heart wrenching story. You have my tears all over.

XOXOXOXO

Jodi June said...

OMG!!!! Cedara! I am SO SORRY sweet pea! What a blessing you both were for eachother! I am so sorry he is gone, but so happy that you were able to recover him and have him there near you. Please know my heart is absolutely breaking for you right now. I am so sorry. No more tears. Fou is peaceful and without pain.
xoxoxoxoxo
jod

Tracy of From Inside My Studio said...

Thank you my ever faithful sweet friends! Your support has been a great strength to me right now. I am doing so much better now that I was able to bury him.

Fou kitty is HOME where he was always meant to be.
xoxoxo

shweetpotato said...

Awww what a little sweetie thats a great pic, Im so sorry Cedara :D our furry friends are just like our kids to us , Carm

Anonymous said...

Cedara ~ I am so sorry to hear this about your kitty cat. I sit here boo-hooing like a little girl.
Special blessing to you.

Candy

Catty Wampus said...

I am so sorry about your kitty; It is good that you brought him home; I hope that you will have better days. The loss of a furbaby is so awful.
Merrie