Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, July 11, 2008

Little Bit Rusty


Another of the newest primitive dolls that I've made for my display at Upper Clements. She sort of came to life slowly. I was moving some things around and found my jar of rusty nails. Hadn't done any dolls in awhile with a nail nose so gave her one. Which then lead to a rusty bell for an eye and the X for the other.
Her hair was a bit tricky as nothing I was laying down seemed to work. I then laid 2 different spun wools next to her and POOF.....she totally finished in my mind. I am so pleased with how she came out.
Her sweet doll pattern will ready very soon!
Blessings!
Tracy(cedara)Dunn

9 comments:

Primitive Kountry said...

She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE her!! Sooooo cute!!!!! :) ~Stacey

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE THE RUST NAIL NOSE!!!!


I soooo want her!!!!!


She is LOVELY!


Vanessa

Jodi June said...

She is a treasure Trac! WTG!

anniescupboards said...

Oh Girl I love all her hair. Her face is so precious. THAT has to be the perfect stain ever. Think you could make it again? I totally LOVE her nose. SO creative. Dang your so awesome at making dolly.

Go cedara!

shweetpotato said...

omgosh how prim and I LOVE the nose, hey stop by my blog, I have an award for ya :D Carm

Anonymous said...

Hey Teacher!
WOW do I LOVE this doll~~~ She is just so neat, love her hair~~~
What a prim perfect way to create her nose and eye (s). You are amazing sistah~~~

Debbie ~3daughers

Tins and Treasures said...

I love the hair on both of these girls!! I know, when I make anything with a face it seems to take on a personality too.
Natalie
tinsandtreasures.blogspot.com

Tracy of From Inside My Studio said...

Thanks everyone!
These last few primitive dolls have really had me smiling. The staining was so unique and I can't get enough of playing with that yarn! LOL