Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, February 08, 2010

Blue Rodeo performs in Halifax NS


"Strange and beautiful
are the stars tonight
that dance around your head
in your eyes I see that perfect world
I hope that doesn't sound too weird
And I want all the world to know
that your love's all I need
all that I need
and if we're lost
then we are lost together
yea if we're lost
then we are lost together..........."

For a Christmas present this year I was given concert tickets and the first show was to go to Halifax to see Blue Rodeo!!!!! Oh how I love this band. I've seen them a number of times over the years and always come away with a smile on my face plus a hoarse voice from screaming along to their songs.

Dustin Bentall opened for them which was a bonus as I also very much love his work too. Blue Rodeo then came out and blew me away song after song. A few new songs that I heard for the first time and loved. The classics that within the first few strums across guitar strings or touch of the piano keys still manage to send chills up my spine.

Had an incredible time!

No comments: