Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, February 08, 2010

My mouth exploded with pleasure


The same weekend that I went to Halifax to see Blue Rodeo play, I ate at an incredible restaurant.
Anatolia Turkish Cuisine that is found on 1518 Dresden Row Halifax.

Its a very small converted house with a few tables.The fragrant aroma of kebabs cooking on the charcoal grill that is visible from the small dining room instantly takes you to another culture. The tables are covered with Mediterranean rugs which I fell in love with. Ornate tile and copper pieces added a wonderful touch to the decor of the restaurant.
The menu was wonderful and very hard to pick something as I wanted to try one of everything.
The simple Turkish salad brought my taste buds alive after the first bite. Everything was fresh and so fragrant. I opted to try Turkish Iskender made with chicken and will have that again as soon as possible. My mouth exploded with pleasure! Fresh made Turkish pita laid on a plate with delicate slices of chicken breast covered in a spiced sauce and yogurt all baked in the oven. I may have even moaned with the first few nibbles.

I can not wait to go there again!!!

Tracy(Cedara)Dunn of Thru the Attic Door and Thru the Attic Door 2

No comments: