Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, January 16, 2012

Put another log on the fire please

I'm Canadian. I have lived thru many a cold winter season of brisk winds and piles of snow. Somehow though when making the plans to redo the old farmhouse that belonged to his parents, we forgot something. The furnace to heat the whole house is in the basement and the room we renovated as our livingroom.....is 2 flights of stairs away,on the top floor. I climb those stairs numerous times daily doing my best to keep this place warm. Since we are still right in the midst of renovations, some walls are torn down. Many are covered with nothing more then insulation and plastic. With each creaking step, up and down into the basement, I remind myself how beautiful this old farmhouse is going to end up looking when we finally get it finished

No comments: